Graduate Commencement Speaker Nomination Instructions
In order to be considered for this distinction, the nominee must be a doctoral or graduate student and meet the following criteria:
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
- Demonstrated record of service to the university community
- Must be in good academic/disciplinary standing and eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony
Each applicant or nominator must complete and submit the nomination form and all supporting materials to the Graduate and Extended Studies office by the deadline listed below. Although nomination materials may be submitted piecemeal, it is the applicants and/or nominator’s responsibility to secure and submit all materials by the stated deadline.
Nomination Materials and Deadlines
- Completed Nomination Form
- One page statement (2-3 paragraphs) outlining why you should be selected to be the Graduate Commencement Speaker
- A resume
- One faculty or staff recommendation letter
Completed nominations are due on Friday, March 22, 2019 by 4:30 PM. Questions may be directed to: Dr. William Bajor, Director Graduate and Extended Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org, (570) 422-3536.