- All candidates running for Homecoming Royalty must complete the online entry form by CLICKING HERE!
- Applications are due on Friday, September 21th at 3:00 p.m.
- Every applicant must be a fully matriculated, degree seeking student currently enrolled in classes.
- Applicants must be in good standing with the university with a minimum QGPA of 2.5
- Candidates must be available to attend Homecoming events such as, but not limited to, the Bonfire on October 5th, and the Homecoming Tailgate & Football Game on October 6th, if chosen as Royalty.
Prizes for participants and winners:
- The first 20 people to sign up to run for Royalty will received a $25 Bookstore gift card (to be received when requirements are completed).
- The two highest scoring winners will receive:
- An additional $25 Bookstore gift card (for a total of $50)
- $250 for the club account of the club/organization/department they represent, or a pizza party for the group they represent (for up to $250).
- Winners will also be invited to sit in the President’s box during the football game on October 6th.
- Interview (50%)
Candidates will meet with a panel of judges to introduce themselves, elaborate on their experiences at ESU, and express how they live out the Ways of the Warrior. The interview scoring will be based on responses and overall interview performance.
- Campus-wide voting (50%)
Voting will open October 1st at 9 a.m. and will conclude October 5th at noon. Votes will be cast through WarriorLink. Each candidate is responsible for their personal campaign to gain votes. Campaigning must be respectful, appropriate, and abide by all campus policies or otherwise disqualified from running.
Timeline of Events:
- Homecoming candidates must complete the online application and submission process by Wednesday, September 19th.
- Submissions will be reviewed and candidates will be interviewed the week of September 24th-28th.
- Voting will open on Monday, October 1st at 9 a.m.
- Candidate profiles will be published in The Stroud Courier on Thursday, September 27th.
- Voting will close at noon on October 5th.
- Winners will be announced on October 5th at the Bonfire at 8:00 p.m.
- Winners must attend the Warrior Tailgate and Football game on Oct 6th, to be announced as the ESU Homecoming Royalty.