BIZ Skill$ Workshop Aims to Help Start Businesses
BIZ Skill$, a workshop for individuals who want to start a business or need business support, will be held on Thursday, June 21 from 8 – 11 a.m. in the East Stroudsburg University Innovation Center, Room 336.
The program will feature presentations from the following organizations that provide business support services and micro loans geared to most businesses including loans to individuals who cannot obtain traditional bank financing:
- Rising Tide Community Loan Fund, Christopher Hudock, Director
- Northeastern Pennsylvania Alliance, Steve Ursich, Vice President, Business Development Services
- Small Business Development Center, University of Scranton, Leigh Magnotta Fennie, Business Consultant
- SCORE, Karl Stearns, President, KMS Marketing Solutions
- Small Business Administration,Kimberly Stout, Lender Relations Specialist
- MetroAction, Inc., Alicia Tompkins, Small Business and Community Development Specialist
- Pocono Mountains Economic Development Corporation, Chuck Leonard, Executive Director
Following the presentations, a vendor exhibition will be held from 9:30 – 11 a.m. for personal consultations and networking.
BIZ SKILL$ is sponsored by East Stroudsburg University, Monroe 2030 Action Team, Pocono Alliance, Pocono Mountains Economic Development Corporation, Wells Fargo, Aetna Better Health. Admission is free and registration is requested. To register, visit esu.edu/bizskills. For more information, contact 570-422-7920.