If you are working from off campus or from a computer that isn’t part of the ESU network you will need to login before you can use many of our online resources. Once you have clicked on a resource, a Keystone Library Network Pass Screen will appear.
Kemp Library provides 2 methods for you to login. Choose ONE METHOD.
- Library ID Login (left side):
- Enter your ESU barcode number where it says “Library Barcode or Identification.” Your ESU barcode is your Student ID Number. If you have an ESU eCard, you can find this number printed on the back of the eCard
- Enter your last name. EXAMPLE: If your last name is Smith, enter Smith.
- Click LOGIN and you’ll be taken to your chosen online resource.
- Username/Password Login (right side):
- Select “East Stroudsburg University” from the drop-down list of institutions
- Enter the username portion of your campus e-mail address (do not include “@live.esu.edu”)
- Enter your E-mail password
- Click Login and you’ll be taken to your chosen online resource.
PLEASE NOTE: ESU along with all other PASSHE schools are in the process of moving data to a new online library catalog and this has been causing login problems.
- You may need to add additional digits to your Student ID Number during our migration to the new online library catalog.
- If your Student ID is 9 digits, add this number before your Student ID Number to Login: 603296
- If your Student ID Number is 6 digits, add 603296000 before your Student ID Number to login.
- EXAMPLE: If your Student ID Number is 000123456 you would use this number to login : 603296000123456
Access Problem Troubleshooting:
- VERY IMPORTANT – Be sure that you are using the links from the Kemp Library website. For example, if you need to access an electronic resource at home or anywhere else off campus, you must use the link for that database on the Kemp Library website. After you sign in, you’ll be recognized as a valid ESU student, faculty or staff member.
- If you are on campus, our IP ranges will pick up that you are a valid ESU student, faculty or staff member.
- Clear your internet browser history, cache and cookies then try again.
- Try a different internet browser or update your current browser.
- Type carefully. Many login failures occur because of typing errors.
- Can’t remember your username/password? Contact Academic Computing.
For any other access issues or questions about online databases contact the Reference Desk (570) 422-3594 or our Electronic Resources Librarian, Allyson Wind . Allyson’s office phone number is (570) 422-3597.
Please be ready to describe your problem in detail, including any error messages you may have received. Screenshots are also very helpful in diagnosing your access problem.
Remote access (off campus) is not available to the general public, alumni, and individuals with ESU courtesy cards.