Note Taker Responsibilities
• Note Takers assist students that are eligible for Disability Services by giving supplementary notes to assist in the learning process.
• Note Takers are expected to maintain Confidentiality by not communicating information about the student for whom the notes are being provided.
• Note Takers are expected to act in a professional manner at all times, including: being responsible for submission of all required paperwork in a timely manner, and communicating needs and concerns with the appropriate Personnel.
• By completing this application and submitting your paperwork you have agreed to provide this legally required service to a student with a documented disability. Failure to comply with the responsibilities of this job will result in delay in payment and/or termination of your employment. Your Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Note Taker - Job Responsibilities
• 1. Note takers are selected students that are currently taking the course for which the notes are needed.
• 2. Multiple students requiring notes in one class will result in higher pay for the note taker.
• Example: $7.25 one student, $8.10 two students, $10.20 three students
Note takers providing notes for more than one class will receive pay for each class.
• 3. Note Takers will take clear and comprehensive notes that present an apparent understanding of the subject. Notes will be written legibly or typed. Students should receive notes at the next class meeting unless other arrangements have been made.
• 4. Note takers will have regular attendance in class. If the Note taker is unable to attend class then it is the note takers’ responsibility to make alternate arrangements by communicating with the professor for an alternate solution. Recurrent absenteeism will result in the student being reassigned to another note taker.
• 5. The note taker should inform Office of Disability Services of frequent absences (more than 3) of the student for whom the notes are being taken. Note taker’s notes are not a substitute for attendance on behalf of the student.
• 6. The time log must be signed and completely filled out within each payroll period.
• 7. Students that wish to remain anonymous will pick up notes at the Office of Disabilities, therefore Note Takers will deliver notes to the Assistive Technology Specialist in the Office of Disability Services.
• *Failure in abiding by these guidelines will result in delay of payment, lack of payment, reassignment, or termination of employment.