To thine own selfie be true
Photography, videography, and flash are all welcome for personal use.
- Only handheld cameras with attached standard flash equipment are allowed.
- For the protection of our collection and other visitors, no auxiliary flash, lighting equipment, or selfie sticks are permitted.
- Tripods are permitted through advance arrangement only. In general, tripod use is limited to non-public hours.
- Commercial photography is permitted through advance arrangement only.
To touch or not to touch
The specimens in our exhibits are easily damaged by touching. Look for the provided hands-on items that are clearly marked as touchable, and resist the urge to pet the animals.
- No weapons, firearms, or hazardous materials are permitted on university property.
- City ordinance prohibits smoking, including vapor devices, inside buildings and within 20 feet of entrances.
Please don’t feed the animals
Food and drink are permitted in the lobby only. Bottled water is permitted in the museum or planetarium for medical situations; please discuss your needs with staff upon entry.
- Diaper changing stations are provided in all restrooms.
- Nursing and bottle feeding families are invited to make themselves comfortable in the lobby or any of the building’s lounges. Food is not permitted in the museum or planetarium.
- Strollers are permitted in all areas. Strollers may also be left at the admission desk.
- For the protection of our collection, oversized diaper bags should be stored in strollers, checked in provided lockers, or left at the admission desk.
- Children may not be carried on shoulders or held over objects and displays.
Watch your back
For the protection of our collection, some large items and backpacks must be specially handled:
- Umbrellas, briefcases, backpacks, and bags over 13 x 17″ can damage artworks and specimens. If they cannot be carried at the side, please store them in provided lockers or leave them at the admission desk.
- Oversized bags and equipment are permitted for medical purposes.
- Baby carriers must be worn on the front of the body.
- Lockers may be used without a key for free, or with a key for a returnable 25 cent deposit. Oversized items may also be left at the admission desk.
Films licensed by the University are the only programs shown in the planetarium and museum. The projectors are not available for other use. To reserve a conference room to show films as a part of your event, contact East Stroudsburg University Conference Services at 570.422.3061.
Notice of non-discrimination
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania is committed to equal opportunity for its students, employees and applicants. The university is committed to providing equal educational and employment rights to all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran’s status. Each member of the university community has a right to study and work in an environment free from any form of racial, ethnic, and sexual discrimination including sexual harassment, sexual violence and sexual assault. (Further information, including contact information, can be found on the university’s website at: http://www4.esu.edu/titleix/.) In accordance with federal and state laws, the university will not tolerate discrimination.
This policy is placed in this document in accordance with state and federal laws including Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Civil Rights Act of 1991 as well as all applicable federal and state executive orders.