The museum and planetarium provide a unique space for meetings, conferences, and special events. Full catering services are available. For details, contact East Stroudsburg University Conference Services at 570.422.3061.
Please note that films cannot be shown in the planetarium or museum if they have not been licensed by the University. To reserve a space to show other films, contact East Stroudsburg University Conference Services at 570.422.3061.
Enjoy pizza and a gift bag of science goodies accompanied by a museum tour and planetarium film!
Birthday parties are scheduled for three hours and are available Monday-Saturday, 3-9 p.m.
- Parties begin with a planetarium film suited to the age of your guests. Please review the list of films to make your selection. Films are 20-35 minutes long.
- Select a theme from the list below for the museum tour and scavenger hunt. The tour and hunt last about one hour.
- You may use the remaining time as you wish for pizza, cake, and presents.
- Guests receive a science-themed favor bag (toys only, no gum or candy) suitable for ages 3+.
- $5 per person ages 3+
- Current ESU students are not charged when hosting a party. Discount does not apply when students are guests at another party.
- Museum and planetarium members and their immediate families are not charged when hosting a party, up to the number of people included at the specific membership level. Membership benefits do not extend to unrelated guests or when members are guests at another party.
- Adults who drop off/pick up but do not stay for the party will not be charged. Final attendance will be approved with the party host before invoicing.
Catering is in addition to the group rate. Basic options are as follows:
- Only dessert items (birthday cake/cupcakes, cookies, brownies, etc.) may be brought into the facility. All other food and beverages must be catered through East Stroudsburg University. Hosts who bring additional food items will be charged the full meal rate (currently $9) for each guest.
- Cheese pizza: $1.49 per slice
- Water or soda: $1.49 per bottle
- Cookies or brownies: $1.49 each
- Alternate meal options and specialty cakes are available for an additional fee.
- Cups, plates, plastic ware, and napkins are included with catering, but to assist in our commitment to green practices, please let us know if you plan to bring your own supplies instead. This will allow us to conserve resources and avoid additional waste.
- Royal Friends in Real Life
Meet some of the characters that your favorite princes and princesses know as pets and companions!
- Animal Birthdays
Families come in all shapes and sizes! Learn how animal mommies and daddies take care of their children.
- Strange Science
From spots and stripes to knobs and spikes, explore super sounds, funky fur, and crazy headgear in the animal kingdom.
- Nature by Night
No need to be afraid of the dark! Use your flashlight to discover hoo-hoo-hoo comes out at night.
- One adult is required for every eight children at the film and tour. If not enough adults are present, only eight children per adult may participate in the film and tour.
- Parties require a 50% deposit upon booking. The deposit will be refunded if the party is cancelled with at least 48 hours’ notice.
- Final balance must be paid at the event.
- No food or decorations are permitted inside the museum or planetarium.
- Party hosts may come early to decorate if another event is not scheduled in the facility. Hosts are responsible for removing and disposing of all decorations upon conclusion of the party.
- Only decorations that can be affixed with lightweight tape (Scotch, masking, painter’s, etc.) are permitted. No tape that leaves residue (e.g. duck tape) may be used. Tacks or staples may be used on bulletin boards only. A security fee will be charged for any decorations that create damage upon removal.