The museum and planetarium provide a unique space for meetings, conferences, and special events. Full catering services are available. For details, contact East Stroudsburg University Conference Services at 570.422.3061.
Give them a celebration they’ll never forget!
Birthday parties are scheduled for three hours and are available Monday-Saturday, 3-8 p.m.
- Parties begin with a planetarium film suited to the age of your guests. Please review the list of films to make your selection. Films are up to 35 minutes long.
- Select a theme from the list below for the museum tour. The tour lasts about 45 minutes.
- You may use the remaining time as you wish for food, cake, and opening presents.
- A scavenger hunt, story time, or faculty lesson may be requested at booking. These activities require an additional 30 minutes; please plan accordingly to ensure you have enough time for your other party activities.
- $5 per person ages 3+, including children and adults.
- Minimum charge is for 10 people. Groups with fewer people pay the 10-person minimum.
- Current ESU students are not charged when hosting a party. Discount does not apply when students are guests at another party.
- Museum and planetarium members are not charged when hosting a party, up to the number of people included at the specific membership level. Membership benefits do not apply when members are guests at another party.
- Adults who drop off/pick up but do not stay for the party will not be charged. Final attendance will be confirmed with the party host before invoicing.
Dessert items (birthday cake, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, ice cream) may be brought into the facility. All other food and beverages must be catered through East Stroudsburg University. Hosts who bring their own food items will be charged the full meal rate (currently $9) for each guest. Special consideration will be made for guests with food sensitivities; please request options at booking.
- Cheese pizza: $1.49 per slice
- Water: $1.79 per 16 oz. bottle
- Soda: $1.49 per 12 oz. can
- Brownies or assorted cookies: $1.49 each
- Assorted juices: $1.99 per 10 oz. bottle
- Full meal options and specialty cakes are also available; ask for details at booking.
- Cups, plates, and napkins are included with catering. Plastic silverware must be requested. To assist in our commitment to green practices, please let us know if you plan to bring your own paper and plastic products.
- Royal Friends in Real Life
Meet some of the characters that your favorite princes and princesses know as pets and companions!
- Animal Birthdays
Families come in all shapes and sizes! Learn how animal mommies and daddies take care of their children.
- Strange Science
From spots and stripes to knobs and spikes, explore super sounds, funky fur, and crazy headgear in the animal kingdom.
- Nature by Night
No need to be afraid of the dark! Use your flashlight to discover hoo-hoo-hoo comes out at night.
- One adult is required for every eight children at the film and tour. If not enough adults are present, only eight children per adult may participate in the film and tour.
- Parties require a 50% deposit upon booking. The deposit will be refunded if the party is cancelled with at least 48 hours’ notice.
- Final balance must be paid at the event.
- No food or decorations are permitted inside the museum or planetarium.
- Party hosts may come early to decorate if another event is not scheduled in the facility. Hosts are responsible for removing and disposing of all decorations upon conclusion of the party.
- Only decorations that can be affixed with lightweight tape (Scotch, masking, painter’s, etc.) are permitted. No tape that leaves residue (e.g. duck tape) may be used. Tacks or staples may be used on bulletin boards only. A security fee will be charged for any decorations that create damage upon removal.