Student Activity Association Inc., Stony Acres
Stony Acres is 119 acre wildlife sanctuary located in Marshalls Creek, Pennsylvania. It offers recreational activities for ESU students, staff and faculty throughout the year. Additionally, the facilities can be rented and programs can be organized for outside groups on a contractual basis. Stony Acres offers monthly events to the ESU community as well as the following:
- Camping in six rustic cabins, each which can accommodate eight people
- The Lodge for workshops, meetings,banquets, or retreats for over 100 people
- A fire pit, picnic tables and two pavilions
- Quality outdoor equipment FREE of charge for ESU students, staff and faculty-equipment for camping, backpacking, cross country, sports, skiing, ice skating, and other recreational activities
- Hiking and interpretive nature trails
- Frisbee golf course
- Horseshoe pits
- Volleyball courts
- Large field for games
- Pond for fishing, canoeing or ice skating
- Challenge Course: trust building, group initiatives, high and low elements
- 30ft foot Climbing Tower for rock climbing
- Recreational programs offered to ESU students, staff and faculty, such as paint balling
- Hours of operation: Dawn to dusk
Stony Acres offers programs for outside groups to make use of the property and its different activities. Stony Acres offers a number of opportunities for groups to enhance communication among one another and build upon teamwork. Programs include the Challenge Course, night use of the facilities, the 30ft climbing tower, and Adventure Day Camp for children in June.
For more information, please contact Madeline Constantine.
Caretakers: Chuck and Madeline Constantine (570)-422-3334 and (570)-223-8316
Prior arrangements need to be made for overnight use of the facility. For day usage, check in with the caretakers. General day use of the property is for ESU students, staff and faculty.