The University Center, is a prime campus location for display and promotion of University wide programs, annual celebrations and special events. The glass display case located on the main level of the Center is available to display items related to special events, theme programs, organizations or departments.
The case is designed to be seen from both the Food Court and the Gathering Lounge, and is ideal for display of three dimensional items such as artifacts and sculpture. Campus groups and individuals may submit applications to the Director of the University Center and Student Activities if they wish to use the cases. Placement in the case is generally on a first come first serve basis with priority given to student organizations and/or University wide events.
Guidelines for display case use
1. Recognized student organizations will be given first opportunity to schedule the Display Case. Student groups will be permitted to schedule events for the entire academic year in advance. University departments will be permitted to reserve the Display Case up to four months in advance. Requests will be taken on a first-come, first-serve basis.
2.Time usage for the display case is limited to 30 days. Shorter time periods are acceptable. Minimum display time is 7 days. The University Center staff reserves the right to limit displays time when it is appropriate to accommodate multiple requests for the same period of time.
3. Display area may be shared by multiple groups if any individual group will not require the full display case area and multiple groups wish to have a display for the same time period.
4. Each display should have a placard describing what the display represents or what event it is promoting.
5. Groups or individuals are responsible for setting up their own displays. University Center staff will provide instruction on how to adjust the glass shelving. Arrangements must be made in advance with the University Center staff if assistance is required.
6. All displays should be presented in an aesthetically pleasing manner. The use of cloth bases, three dimensional views and multi-level arranging will add to the attractiveness of the display. It is expected that the entire case be utilized with the display. Groups should be prepared to share space with other groups or individuals if your display is not sufficient to fill the space.
7. Care should be taken that display items do not damage the display case or have potential for damage. Groups or individuals may be assessed charges if their display causes damage as a result of their negligence. Advanced questions about display case limitations are encouraged at time of application.
8. All personal and non-University displays should be insured by the displayee. The Student Activity Association/University Center will take general precautions for security of the cases. The displayee will assume any risk of loss and shall hold the Student Activity Association/University Center, East Stroudsburg University and the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education harmless against all claims for loss by signing the Display Case Reservation Form.
9.Space is not available for off campus organizations except under sponsorship by a campus group or organization. These displays should be of programatic benefit to the campus community.
10.The display case area may not be considered as a location for sale of items without proper, prior approval by the Vice President for Student Affairs (or designee).