Dear ESU Warriors,
ESU is looking to choose two graduating seniors to serve as Undergraduate Student Commencement Speakers.
- One student will be selected from either the College of Arts Sciences or the College of Education to serve as the Undergraduate Student Commencement Speaker for the May 11 2019, morning commencement ceremony.
- One student will be selected from either the College of Business Management or the College of Health Sciences to serve as the Undergraduate Student Commencement Speaker for the May 11 2019, afternoon commencement ceremony.
Undergraduate Commencement Speaker Nomination Instructions
In order to be considered for this distinction, the applicant must be an undergraduate student and meet the following criteria:
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 entering the spring semester
- Demonstrated record of service to the university community and a record of citizenship and cooperation
- Demonstrated evidence of meaningful extra/co-curricular involvement
- Must be in good academic/disciplinary standing and eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony
- Must have all financial obligations to ESU satisfied prior to application submittal
- Must provide a FERPA release form granting the division of Student Affairs permission to receive and review the nominee’s academic, financial aid, student billing and conduct records
Each applicant or nominator must complete and submit this application and all supporting materials by the deadlines listed below. Although application materials may be submitted piecemeal, it is the nominator or applicant’s responsibility that all materials are received by the stated deadline.
Nomination Materials and Deadlines
- Completed Nomination Form
- One page statement (2-3 paragraphs) outlining why you should be selected to be the Undergraduate Student or Commencement Speaker
- A draft of the 3-5 minute address submitted by the student to be recited during the interview
- One faculty or staff recommendation
- Signed FERPA release granting the division of Student Affairs permission to receive and review the nominee’s academic, financial aid, student billing and conduct records
Completed nominations are due on Friday, March 22, 2019 by 4:30 pm. Questions may be directed to: Allen K. Williams, Student Affairs, email@example.com, (570) 422-3074.